Monday 30 April 2007

And I will walk 500 miles...

Well maybe not quite that far.

But I've decided it's time to get fit. Not so much to make myself look better (though that's part of the package!), but to actually get physically fitter.

The problem is I'm buggered if I'm going to pay to join some club or programme and I don't exactly have a home gym either. Which leaves me exercise videos or going out in the wilds of East London for a jog or (heaven forbid!) a run. Now I'm not too bothered about the idea of going out for a jog, I AM bothered about wearing suitable clothes.

I'm a city girl, I wear jeans and heels or jeans and (pretty) flats. I do not own a pair of trainers, or really a pair of comfortable shoes to be honest. I don't have sporty kinds of clothes and I don't even own a sports bra.

This getting fit malarkey is going to cost a pretty penny isn't it?

Bugger.

Then there's the route. Like I said - East London, it isn't exactly the safest place in the world to plug your iPod in and go out for a couple of hours and get absolutely knackered is it?

Maybe I'll become a dog walker. A vicious dog walker and run them for exercise with a built in bodyguard? Sounds good to me.

But then there's the poo.

Bugger it, I'll stay unfit.

No comments: