Saturday 28 April 2007

Last night

I cooked dinner for the first time* yesterday! I’m extrememely proud of my culinary expertise now. It looked absolutely rank but tasted gorgeous. Eat with your mouth and not with your eyes people! That’s what my dad always says.

I know, I know; it’s pretty pathetic for an eighteen year old to have only just now prepared a family meal but when your mum cooks better than a Jamie Oliver/Gordon Ramsey hybrid there really isn’t much opportunity is there?

So on last night I took advice from the Hairy Bikers and cooked squid with harissa and orange sauce (get me cooking something mildly fancy!!). It was very nice, if I do say so myself.

Slight problem is that now I’ve done something mildly decent I’m expected to cook often! Often I say! Bugger.

Today I’m attempting sushi…wish me lots and lots of luck please.

Why can’t we just live off ham and cheese toasted sandwiches with chocolate brownies?

*I tried to do a chicken pasta thing once that didn’t work, ‘nuff said.

No comments: